I find I so rarely order in Chinese food because every time I do, I feel like my body goes into salt shock. So as an alternative, I've taken to making some of my favorite dishes at home, like this dish. Green beans, roasted in sesame oil and spices topped with Sesame Seeds is a great side dish to any meal - Asian or not. I like to roast my green beans in this recipe, but you can also blanch them and then toss in the rest of the ingredients.
To blanch Green Beans: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in your string beans. Cook for about 3 - 3 1/2 minutes, remove and immediately plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
Sesame Green Beans
- 2 lbs Green Beans (Ends removed)
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T Honey
- 1/2 tsps Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsps Garlic Powder
- 2 T Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Sesame Seeds (To garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. In a large baking dish, toss your green beans with Olive Oil and cook for 10 minutes. While that’s cooking, in a bowl, make your marinade by mixing your honey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- After 10 minutes, take green beans out of oven and add your marinade and toss. Cook for another 10 minutes, take out and toss again, and then cook again for 10 minutes. I like my Green Beans more al dente, but feel free to cook yours longer if you prefer them softer.
- Sprinkle white Sesame seeds on top for a garnish.