I love raw fish, sushi, avocado....sushi with avocados....raw fish with avocados....you get the picture. So I came up with this awesome Salmon Ceviche recipe which is a total umami dish. The Salmon is marinated in the best combo of flavors: Sweet, Salty, and Tangy. I pair that with a bright Avocado Salad and create the ultimate appetizer dish!
Serves 4 (appetizer portions)
- 1/2 lbs Salmon (Skin removed, bones removed & cut into 1/2" cubes)
- 1 T Sriracha
- 1 T Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 T Mirin
- 1/2 T Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsps Sugar
- 1/2 tsps Lemon Juice (fresh)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your salmon, soy sauce, sriracha, mirin, sugar, sesame oil and lemon juice. Mix together and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
- To assemble use a ring mold. Lay down a layer of Avocado Salad (recipe below). Top with Salmon. Garnish with Microgreens
Avocado Salad (for Ceviche)
- 1 small dice Avocados
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 4 sliced thin on a bias Scallions (green parts only)
- 4 T minced Cucumber (peeled, seeds removed)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a bowl combine all ingredients. Taste and season with salt.