I didn’t start to like Brussel Sprouts until 5 years ago. If not cooked well, they can have a super bitter taste to them, which is not exactly appetizing. However, this recipe is completely full proof and will turn any Brussel nonbeliever into a Brussel convert. After all, what isn’t delicious when mixed with Pancetta?
Pancetta Brussel Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
- 1/4 lbs cubed Pancetta
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsps Garlic Powder
- 2 tsps Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Preheat your oven 375 degrees. Chop off the stems of the brussel sprouts, then shred the brussel sprouts (this can be done in a food processor, with a Mandolin, or by hand with a knife like I do it). You want the Brussels to be cut in strips.
- Add the Brussels to a Pyrex cooking dish. In a small sauté pan, cook your cubed Pancetta until it’s almost completely cooked through. Pour the Pancetta and the fat from the Pancetta into your brussel sprout dish.
- Add in the olive oil, garlic powder and chili powder and toss together so that all ingredients are well distributed. Cook for 15 minutes, take it out and toss. Cook for another 15 minutes, and repeat the tossing. At this point, taste a bite and season with salt and pepper. Cook for your final 15 minutes and now it will be perfect to serve!