I have a lot of clients who are Gluten Free, and I like coming up with different dessert/snack options that still taste great, but use Gluten Free ingredients. Yesterday I experimented with a Fall Spice Muffin recipe, and with a few tweaks, came up with this awesome and delicious recipe that tastes like Fall in a bite.
I made this recipe into mini-muffins because personally, I can never eat a whole regular muffin, it's just too much for me. So with one bite, you get a nice little snack with a hint of sugar & spice, and don't feel guilty about it!
I substituted Coconut Sugar for regular processed sugar, and used Almond Milk (another product I am becoming a fan of) instead of regular dairy milk.
These are a great dessert to bring to a friend's house for brunch or dinner - they are super easy to make, and best of all, your whole house will smell like the scent of fall!
Gluten Free Fall Spice Mini Muffins
Makes 20 mini Muffins
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 4 T Butter (melted)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 T Butter (melted - for finishing)
- 2 T Coconut Sugar (for finishing)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon (for finishing)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl combine your baking powder, gluten free flour, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, 4 T of melted butter, nutmeg, almond milk and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Spray your mini muffin pan with non-stick spray, and fill up each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way with your muffin mix from step 1.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until they're golden brown around the edges and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, then remove the muffins from the muffin tin and allow the muffins to cool completely on a plate.
- In a small bowl, melt your 2 Tablespoons of butter. In another bowl combine your 2 T Coconut Sugar and your cinnamon (stir the sugar and cinnamon together). Dip the tops of your muffins in the melted butter, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve.