I love broccoli….I know that it’s one of those foods you either hate or love, so in order to get my husband to get some veggies into his system, I thought I’d try out a little broccoli remix. I found a recipe online, but added a few different ingredients and changed the cheeses up….these came out AWESOME. We literally demolished all of them, and I kinda wished I had made more…
The great thing about these are that the broccoli doesn’t dominate the taste, and all the other elements just meld together wonderfully. The Honey Dijon is a must - it pairs perfectly!
- 1 Head of Broccoli (Florets only, steamed and cooked al dente)
- 1 minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Carrot (peeled & grated)
- 1/2 Cups minced Onion
- 1 T Basil
- 1/2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 Cups shredded Smoked Mozzarella
- 3 T grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 beaten Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Once you’ve steamed your broccoli until fork tender, let cool and then chop up into tiny bits.
- Add all of your ingredients together in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silpat, form little palm-sized patties about 3/4 inch thick. In a 375 degree pre-heated oven, cook for 12 minutes, turn over and cook for another 14 minutes. Serve with Honey Dijon Dressing.