Lately I have been craving Asian food.... I recently posted my General Tso's and my Shrimp and Pork Dumplings and today I decided to do Asian Lettuce Wraps. I love the taste of Hoisin Sauce so I wanted that to be the primary flavor. I used Ground Chicken because let's face it, it's a fairly tasteless meat and takes on whatever flavors you cook it with.
For the wraps I actually used Iceberg Lettuce but you can try Romaine, Bibb, Boston, Cabbage....whatever you like! This recipe is super fast and easy, great for a weeknight dinner!
My hand makes it's first modeling appearance....
Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 3/4 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1 1/3 Cups small dice Onion
- 2/3 Cups minced Red Bell Pepper
- 2 minced Garlic Cloves
- 6 tsps Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsps Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 tsps Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Cups sliced thin on a bias Scallion (green parts only)
- 1 Handful minced Cilantro
- 4 Lettuce Leaves (Romaine, Boston, etc)
- In a medium skillet over high heat, cook your ground chicken until there's no pink. Remove and place in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat up a teaspoon of Olive Oil. Once hot, add in your onion and red bell pepper and cook about 5-8 minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Add in your garlic and cook another minute.
- At this point, add back your cooked ground chicken to the skillet. Add in your hoisin, adobo sauce, & ginger powder. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat, add in scallions and cilantro, stir and scoop into lettuce leaves.