When I eat a salad, I don't want to feel like I'm eating a salad. I like salads loaded with fun little surprises, lots of textures and most importantly, lots of flavor. I mean don't get me wrong....lettuce is awesome and everything but seriously, no one sits down to a bowl of lettuce and starts salivating and losing control of their taste buds with anticipation.
"No great story ever started with a salad"
So when making a salad, I like to get funky with it - add in tons of mix-in's and make a great dressing to go along with it. This salad is just that - with every bite, you get a new texture and flavor and it's delicious! I love the influence of Asian flavors in this salad as well!
Asian Ahi Tuna Salad
- 1 Cups Edamame (shelled)
- 1/2 Cups small dice Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cups shredded Carrot
- 1/4 Cups sliced thin on a bias Scallion
- 4 oz Mixed Greens
- 3 chopped roughly Baby Corn
- 1/2 lbs Ahi Sushi Grade Tuna (seared with salt and pepper)
- 1/2 Cups Cashews (roasted & salted)
- 1/3 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 T Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 T Sesame Oil
- 1 tsps Sugar
- 2 tsps Honey
- 1/2 tsps Ground Ginger
- For the salad dressing - whisk together the apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, and honey. Let sit in fridge while you make the salad.
- Toss all ingredients of the salad together except for the tuna. Toss the salad with the dressing (you may not need it all - use just enough to lightly coat the ingredients).
- Place Tuna on top and serve.