This is probably one of the most addictive recipes I have and will be loved by everyone because of the great flavors that it encompasses. It will satisfy both the sweet tooth and the savory tongue and will leave you wanting more. It’s a great dish to have out during a party or while watching the game or it’s a great snack for during the day while at work.
Indian Spiced Nuts
Yields 4-5 cups
- 1 Cups Almonds (un-salted)
- 1 1/2 Cups Pistachios (de-shelled and un-salted)
- 1 Cups Cashews (un-salted)
- 1/2 Cups Sunflower Seeds (un-salted)
- 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 T Garam Masala
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsps Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsps Cumin Powder
- Pinch Cayenne
- 1 Egg White
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the egg white – mix well.
- In a small bowl, with an electric beater, whip the egg white until it forms fluffy white peaks.
- Add in the egg white to the nuts/spices and carefully incorporate all ingredients. The egg white allows for the spices/sugar to stick to the nuts.
- Spread the nuts out on a baking sheet lined with a silpat, evenly, and cook for 20-25 minutes (toss midway through the baking process).